The Softball Board walked safety protocols and met with coaches at the fields Sunday afternoon. It was awesome being back up there and to be back up there again and we are looking forward to starting practices tonight!
Our full COVID-19 Safety Plan is now posted to our website for your information. We wanted to highlight a few quick things for you to know that can help practices go smoothly this week.
- As mentioned previously, each player or parent/guardian or coach entering the softball complex must sign the COVID-19 waiver. Please sign and submit this electronic version to help speed up check-in, or bring a signed paper copy to your player’s first night of practice.
- If your player is sick, someone in your household is sick or had contact with someone who is sick within the last 14 days, keep your player home.
- Arrive at the designated time for your pod and be prepared for players to be dismissed as indicated on the pod groupings, coach assignments and practice times.
- As you arrive at the parking lot to check in your players, park every other parking space. If you’re dropping off, we recommend younger ages wait in line in the car at the curb to be checked in so parents can answer health screening questions.
- We will be checking each player in before entering the complex.
- All players entering the complex will need to answer COVID-19 self-screening questions and we will verify we have a completed COVID-19 waiver.
- Look for Rocket R logos painted on the pathways at the entrance to the fields for 6-feet social distancing during the check-in process.
- We appreciate your patience during check-in.
- The main path has been painted with a separating line for entrance and exit.
- For practices on field 2, players will walk on the grass along the outside of field 1’s outfield fence.
- For practices on field 4, players will walk the main path directly to field 4.
- Once arriving at the appropriate field, players should look for painted markings on the ground matching their pod color. We have marked Rocket R logos to indicate where players should set their equipment inside the fences, maintaining 6-foot social distancing.
- Players will sanitize their equipment and then their hands after arriving at their pod location.
- Players will sanitize their equipment at the conclusion of practice.
- Players are encouraged to take showers and wash their practice clothes as soon as they arrive home.
- Do not send gum, sunflower seeds or candy with your players.
- There’s going to be some weather this week:
- Monday: Hot! Send water with your players (water bottles marked with player name) as we will not have cold water on hand.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Rain is in the forecast. If it does look like rain will happen during practice times, we will make a call early to cancel to avoid congregating at the fields.
We are very excited to be able to get the girls outside for some exercise and the opportunity to see their friends this week. Please remind them that we are still navigating this pandemic and that we need them to be respectful of the social distancing and sanitization processes so we are able to continue offering this opportunity!
Please reach out to us at RAAASoftball@raaasports.com or call Jeremy at 612-251-8946 or Grey at 952-994-4553 with any questions.